Friday, August 10, 2012

Revisiting Alabama (Links)

We sit three weeks and a day away from the Alabama game, a period of time that seems insignificant but will come to feel like a lifetime. Anyway, that sounds like just enough time to read a bunch of preview-type thing about Alabama, right? Since I'm sure that many missed them the first time around, here are my preview posts on each Alabama position group. I frittered away a not insignificant amount of time writing them, so, yes, YOU WILL READ THEM. YOU WILL.

Here they are, all in one place for your convenience:
So, there you have it. It's a lot to read, I admit, but that's why I'm posting this now. I'll talk about Alabama one last time when I put up some sort of preview for the game three weeks from now, but for now I will leave you with this. After that, I promise I won't make any more Golden Flake references. A couple of items in those posts are now obsolete. For example, backup QB Phillip Sims transferred a long time ago, and WR Duron Carter gave up the ghost of qualifying at Bama (he has since transferred to play for Carl Pelini at Florida Atlantic). Lastly, VHT freshman receiver Chris Black will be out 3-4 months with a shoulder injury. I'm not sure how much of a contributor he would have been. While Christion Jones, Kenny Bell, and Kevin Norwood are good players, I'm sure that Black would have seen a few snaps on 9/1. Black snagged a nice 44-yard TD during Alabama's spring game, so while it is not a huge one in the grand scheme of things, it is an unfortunate loss for Alabama (obviously, best wishes to him in his recovery). Look for Alabama's other early enrollee wideout, Amari Cooper, to take those snaps.

Otherwise, mostly everything else should be up to date. Of course, if any depth chart changes occur during fall camp, I'll make sure to mention them. 

Remember, guys: Stephen Garcia once beat Alabama. It can be done. Here is 2 hours and 23 minutes of Stephen Garcia beating Alabama.

p.s. I meant to mention this before when Alabama fans were first discovering these posts but...Alabama fans, trust me, the irony of a blog called "Holdin' the Rope" talking about Alabama football is not lost on me. 

1 comment:

  1. "...before you know it you're rolling around on the floor crying while Greg Robinson leads your defense into battle with a stuffed animal." This made me LOL very loudly, thank you.

    ReplyDelete