Tuesday, December 6, 2011

HTR's End of Season Top 25

So I skipped this the last couple of weeks; whatever. In any case, regular season football is over and that's the worst (other than that time of the year when all we have is baseball--the horror), and even though an avalanche of mediocre to at-best-entertaining-but-still-relatively-soulless bowl games are on the way, I still can't help but think that this season has gone by faster than any other that I've experienced.

And yes, I know there are still bowl games so this isn't really the "end of season" ranking, but, you know, who cares (about the bowl games, that is). After the decision to have LSU-Bama Redux, it's really hard to take any of the folks in charge seriously (not that it wasn't difficult before). I've never considered not watching a college football national championship game before, and although I'm telling myself I won't watch this game (even though I probably will...after all, I'll probably watch every minute of the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl fergodsakes), the fact that I'm even considering it is a new and strange thing. If this--as well as teams of various degrees of undeserving-ness getting BCS bowl berths--doesn't kickstart the anti-BCS Spring, I don't know what will. Everyone will be like Austin Powers, asking it "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?"

The Most Interesting Man In The World - i don't always rematch but when i do i prefer sec

Rankings (and various miscellaneous thoughts):


Rank
Team
1
LSU
2
Oklahoma State 
3
Alabama
4
Oregon
5
Stanford
6
Arkansas
7
USC
8
Boise State
9
Wisconsin
10
Clemson
11
Virginia Tech
12
Michigan
13
Michigan State
14
Georgia
15
Baylor
16
South Carolina
17
Oklahoma
18
Kansas State
19
TCU
20
Nebraska
21
Southern Miss
22
West Virginia
23
Houston
24
Penn State
25
Notre Dame


--Yes, Oklahoma State at #2. Here is where I rail against SEC hypocrisy, voter stupidity, and the WWL. LSU-Alabama makes for THE BEST GAME, YOU GUYS, IT'S SCIENCE. 
/does "eyeball test"
//watches rematch, no touchdowns scored again 
///winners chant SEC, losers' heads explode, revealing all Alabama fans (oops...spoiler alert!) to be robots wired in such a way that maximizes overall unpleasantness

--So it turns out my complete lack of respect for Houston was valid; they played a team with a pulse and got dismantled. I'm glad that we're not playing them. 

--Kirk Cousins, your claims have some validity. Yes, the system is broken..we all agree on this. It's not about "fair" or "rational" or whatever else you or anybody else thinks it should be. Just sayin'. With that out of the way, the first B1G title game was pretty great, but I just wish it wasn't in a dome. Even so, how did these two fan bases not fill the place? Weird. Both title game participants have interesting bowl matchups; I think both stand a pretty good shot at winning, but I'd give State a better shot just because Wisconsin's hilariously slow defense is going to get shredded by Oregon's offensive attack (In a deleted scene, Jason Statham watches highlight videos of Oregon's offense on Youtube just to stay alive--it's true. Wisconsin's defense on the other hand=instant death.). 

--Official HTR Heisman Ballot: 1) RGIII 2) Honey Badger 3) Montee "Ball So Hard" Ball. Get out of here Trent Richardson and Andrew Luck, although one of you will surely win this award. 

--So we drew Virginia Tech and everybody is mad at the both of us even though we didn't do anything. Uh, sorry? But not really. I think we can take this team but Michigan is not yet (nor will ever be) at the point where a BCS bowl win should be considered a slam dunk proposition. Regardless, all of my tickets and such are booked and I CAN'T WAIT. 

--Everybody's firing everybody. Fresno State, you do realize you're Fresno State? Also, initiate/continue the Mr. Freeze jokes re: Ole Miss. What's that, we've been recruiting 824 people per class and still can't beat Louisiana Tech? EVERYBODY CHILL. 

--I just looked at a early season post like this and laughed. Ah, those were simpler times. It's been fun, 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment