Friday, June 15, 2012

Shameless Self-Promotion Time

This week in self-promotion:

  • I wrote a brief-ish (for me, at least) rundown of Cam Gordon and where he fits onto the defensive two-deep going forward. It still seems a shame to me that he lost his job due to injury, but I still believe that he can and should have a role in 2012 (and 2013 if he's coming back for the ol' victory lap). 
  • As a part of MnB's Iowa week, I decided to write about someone who I think hasn't received enough attention over the years (not that he would want it): Norm Parker, recently retired Iowa defensive coordinator. I don't think that people are making a big enough deal about the fact that Iowa is losing not one but two coordinators, both of whom joined Ferentz right at the onset of his tenure in Iowa City back in 1999. I would advise you to also check out the rest of this week's Iowa-centric posts, as they are all very good. If you want to educate yourself on the rest of the Big Ten before the season starts, you should be reading Maize n Brew. Trust me, it helps these trying summer months go by faster. 
---
Anyway, a few more quick Friday links: 
  • Head over to UMHoops for live updates on who Beilein and Co. are offering. It is not a great time to be a Badger fan a recruit's cell phone. 
  • If you missed it, Ireland fans singing "The Fields of Athenry" yesterday despite watching their team get methodically destroyed by Spain...was one of the coolest things I've seen/heard in a while. Imagine if the Big House had burst into a seemingly never-ending chorus of The Victors throughout the entire fourth quarter of the 2007 Oregon game: 

No comments:

Post a Comment